Diseases spread much faster in the Rains:
Immunity weakens in the Rains:
Commonly occurring Monsoon Diseases in India:
1. 1. Air-borne diseases:
2. 2. Water / Food-borne diseases:
3. 3. Vector (Mosquito) -borne diseases:
4. Various Skin problems:
Prevention is better than cure:
The good part is that many of the above diseases are preventable by just being better informed and being a little more cautious towards the health of yourself and your loved ones. Importantly, parents of newborns and small children need to be extra-careful during rainy season to prevent diseases. Therefore, enjoy the splash of rains, but do take the following necessary precautions to keep all diseases at bay:
- Avoid visiting crowded places to reduce your risk of viral infections.
- Avoid contact with the obviously infected person
- Stay home when you are sick
- Practice good hygiene:
- Take a shower daily
- Keep your nails trimmed
- Keep your hair clean, neat and tidy
- Maintain personal hygiene and environmental sanitation
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Wash your hand thoroughly, especially after sneezing or coughing
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Always wear a face cover when outside.
- Carry a hand sanitizer or wash your hands often.
- Keep a safe distance from people.
- Keep your umbrella or rain coat always with you.
- Have a bath after getting wet in the rains.
- Keep the room temperature optimum.
- Ensure your homes are well- ventilated at all times.
- Protect your children and ensure they practice good hygiene.
- Wear full-sleeved and light clothes.
- Use mosquito repellents and mosquito nets.
- Don’t allow water to collect anywhere in and around the house.
- Avoid ice-creams and cold drinks.
- Keep yourself hydrated at all times.
- Drink only boiled water every few hours and carry your own boiled water.
- Avoid outside food and eat a balanced diet.
- Keep your food covered at all times.
- Consume freshly-washed, boiled vegetables.
What has Homeopathy to offer you:
Self-medication is never to be encouraged as it can be harmful, so timely visit to your nearest homeopath can prevent unnecessary hospital visits and further health problems. For online consultation or any queries related to monsoon illnesses and other health issues, consult our expert homeopathic doctors and book an appointment with us.
Note: The author disclaims all liability for any loss or risk, personal or otherwise incurred as a consequence of use of any material in this article. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.